ThermalGuard™ OC1 is an open cell, 100% water blown spray polyurethane foam insulation with a density of 1 lb that can be used in walls, ceilings and roofdecks of residential and commerical buidings. It is Class I fire rated and has a R-value of 5.2 per inch.
ThermalGuard OC1 expands upon application and forms a sealed thermal envelope that will not sag, settle or deteriorate over time. It is designed to reduce energy consumption in residential and commercial structures up to 50%. The best thing you can do for your property is build it tight with spray foam insulation and properly ventilate the structure.
Features & Benefits
• ThermalGuard OC1 seals and insulates in one step
• Sealed thermal envelope helps you reduce your heating and cooling costs
• Can save up to 50% on heating and cooling costs when used with other responsible building practices
• Applied using water as the blowing agent
• Adheres to virtually any surface
• Great for insulating hard-to-reach areas
• Installed by approved contractors
Does Spray Foam Insulation Cost More?
When compared to traditional insulations like fiberglass or cellulose, spray foam insulation does cost more upfront, but remember:
• With spray foam you are getting an insulator and an air barrier in one product. That difference will save you money each month by decreasing heating and cooling costs.
• Because the energy demand on your home is lower, a smaller, more economical heating and cooling system can usually be installed.
• Many times you can reduce or eliminate the use of other building materials when you use foam, such as soffit vents, ridge vents, attic ventilation fans, radiant barriers or vapor retarders.
• You can usually finance the cost difference as part of your mortgage, so the increase to your overall monthly mortgage payment will be relatively minimal.
• Many times the energy savings from spray foam can help you qualify for an Energy Efficient Mortgage which can save you money.
For a complete list of the product's physical properties and test methods, please download a copy of the technical data sheet.
1.0 lb/ft3 (16 kg/m3)
Water Vapor Permeability* [perm] 5.5" (139.7 mm)
Air Leakage** [L/s/m2 @ 75 Pa @ 3"]
Fire Rating: Class I
Flame Spread Index: ≤25
Smoke Development Index: ≤450
5.2 per inch
Read This Before You Buy:
What You Should Know About R-values
Above lists the R-value of this insulation. R means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power. Compare insulation R-values before you buy. There are other factors to consider. The amount of insulation you need depends mainly on the climate you live in. also, your fuel savingins from insulation will depend upon the climate, the type and size of your house, the amount of insulation already in your house, and your fuel use patterns and family size. If you buy too much insulation, it will cost you more than what you'll save on fuel. To get the marked R-value, it is essential that this insulation be installed properly.